Sunday, December 19, 2010

October/November/December


October started with a promotion at work and a weekend camping trip bordering New Hampshire and Vermont. Lisa and I had not seen each other since our return to America almost a year ago, other than the rain storm the first day, the weekend was perfect. We went on a hike, ate at a deli, did some shopping, made a fire, and resorted to our usual meals of hard boiled eggs and spaghetti made with the jet boil. I even saw my first moose on the way to meet her in the early morning hours.

Football:
It goes without saying that one of the best qualities of fall is football. I have to say it has been an adjustment living in New England during football season. As it goes in the South, Saturday is the “day” for football. Here in Maine the “day” is Sunday. I find the change a relief, as no one here opposes my love of Auburn football. Actually, most folks have helped me to cheer this fall.
The beginning of the season I was pleased to see Auburn looking to be much better than I had expected. At this point, having another undefeated regular season, another SEC championship, and an upcoming visit to the BCS National Championship game the Auburn Tigers have far exceeded all of my expectations. This has been one fun season to watch college football and I say loud and proud, “It’s great to be an Auburn Tiger!!!” “War Eagle!”

No comments:

Post a Comment