Sunday, December 19, 2010

June/July


In June, I had the privilege of visiting my friend Maureen in Canada. Maureen is a friend I met while living in Japan. She was in the St. John area playing the violin for a play. We had not seen each other since Yu’s wedding in Texas over 5 years ago. An added bonus was to see the sights of St. John, St. Andrew, and the drive from Central Maine to Canada.

July brought more visitors, this time from Tennessee, Andrea and Kelsey. I met these lovely ladies in Cleveland while working with the BCM at Lee University. They were making a graduation trip through the northeast and I was lucky to be a stop on their journey. We were able to make the usual rounds of the Portland Headlight, old port, the lobster shack, and the metropolis of Jay. They were also just in time to accompany me to the opening of New Moon.

I traveled to Alabama in July to visit family. The trip was a short one; my time was limited mostly to immediate family. Mom, Clarence, and I took a road trip to New Orleans to visit with Dennis and his family as well. Emma is growing up so quickly and doesn’t slow down all day. Dale and Amy are doing well; I hope to upload some pictures of their family soon. They have a couple of kids with them now but I can’t post their pictures at this point because they are still in the foster care system.

My return to Maine was met with more visitors from Tennessee. Stacy and a group from the BCM were here for a couple of weeks. Gilmore and I camped in Portland for a portion of their stay. We were able to hang out at some of the usual sights, eat some great food, and have some fun at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment