Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas 2010



This Christmas was non-eventful, I had to work both Christmas Eve and Christmas. This isn’t the first time I have been away from family for the holidays. Three years in Japan I missed all major holidays with family, however, I had a network of friends in Japan which became a pseudo family. Although this past year in Maine has been tons of new experiences, adventures, and meeting new people, I have yet to develop a strong network. I hope that changes in 2011.

I received several packages making it feel a little more like Christmas. Thanks Karen for the chocolate covered blueberries, Steve for the Oxford American special on music from the great state of Alabama, Dennis & family for goodies/starbucks, Lisa for magazine subscription, Mom for the blanket/pillows, and Dale for jeep seat cover and the star from home. The star I refer to is the one that hung in the eve of our house in Sylvania, he surprised me by sending it this Christmas, couldn’t have come at a better time bringing me a little piece of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment