Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goals 2011

Before taking my “trip of a lifetime” and moving to Maine, I had participated five years in an off-road triathlon, a few 10ks, and a half-marathon. This coming year it’s time to begin some new traditions. The plan is to run a 10k, possibly the Beach to Beacon race in Portland, and ride in a cycling event, probably the Dempsey Challenge. I am still researching the various events in Maine, so, the actual events are subject to change.

I have also updated my “list” of places I want to visit and things I want to do. I had to revise the list after my 6 month trip around Europe and Asia. Once I visit the states/provinces of USA/Canada I will have visited all the states/provinces of North America.

Maine: hike the entire portion of Appalachian Trail located in Maine, hike Mt. Kathahdin,
USA: Alaska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Wisconsin, Wyoming (Yellowstone), Minnesota, Oklahoma, Delaware
Canadian Provinces: Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia, Alberta
World: Australia/New Zealand, Tanzania (Victoria Falls), Peru (Amazon),
Egypt (pyramids)

No comments:

Post a Comment